Sake School Osaka
Sake School Osaka provides you an educational sake tasting course with a certified sake sommelier. You will be loaded with a lot of knowledge on sake as well as Japanese culture while enjoying sake tastings. Sake is one of the greatest features of the Japanese culture and history and being educated with sake will enhance your experience in Japan. Knowing sake means understanding Japan.
この講習会は日本酒の基礎を海外の方に知っていただくためのものとして運営していているものです。参加を希望される場合は事前に "予約/問い合わせフォーム" にご事情を記入の上、ご連絡ください。
Master Sake Basics in 60 min
＊6 different types to understand the extensiveness of sake
● Different types (fresh/dry/aromatic/rich etc.) of sake are served including a warm sake experience
● Small dishes for food pairing
＊How to taste/enjoy sake
＊History of sake
＊Current status of sake in and outside Japan
＊Ingredients of sake
＊Classifications of sake
＊How to make sake
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, (Sunday) (Check the latest schedule)
Time: 17:00 - 18:00 (Sun. 16:00-17:00)
Hana Sake Bar (Shinsaibashi, Osaka)
1-8-4 Nishishinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0086
The Kansai region lies in the southern-central region of Japan's main island Honshu. The region includes the prefectures of Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Hyogo (Kobe as capital), Mie, Wakayama, and Shiga. Sake is such a historical, cultural, and regional drink that you can find at least one sake brewery in each prefecture. Kansai area holds some of the very important sake brewing districts; Fushimi in Kyoto, Nada in Kobe and Itami in Osaka. Sake shipped to Tokyo (Edo) in the Edo period (1603-1867) was the best quality of all and the profound sake making culture still remains in the present era.
Sake School Osaka is a place where you can enjoy the tastes of Kansai through having all Kansai made sakes. Major brands you'll have include Akishika from Osaka, Mimuro-sugi and Hanatomoe from Nara, Tamagawa from Kyoto, and Fukuju from Kobe.
● Manager: Hana Sake Bar(Shinsaibashi, Osaka)
● Operator: Sake School Osaka
● Certified Sake Sommelier/Adviser(SSI)
● Youtube translator for Kobe Shushinkan (Fukuju)
● 2017/also 2018 Member of Japanese Government Cultural Program "Walk in US, Talk on Japan"
● Appeared(as sake expert) in 2025 Osaka-Kansai EXPO Osaka concept video presented at IBE Final Presentation
● Former employee of Daimon Brewery (Osaka)
上野山 広司 (Koji Uenoyama)
● 大阪心斎橋 Hana Sake Bar マネージャー
● Sake School Osaka 主催 (外国人向け日本酒講座)
● 神戸酒心館 公式Youtubeチャンネル 字幕翻訳担当
● 平成29年度/30年度 内閣府文化交流使節団「歩こうアメリカ、語ろうニッポン」メンバー
● 2025年 大阪-関西 万国博覧会 招致 IBE最終プレゼン 大阪コンセプトビデオに酒ソムリエとして出演
● 元大門酒造 (大阪) 新規事業プロジェクトリーダー